Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Hunt

GDC is coming up soon, and Trade Secret has big plans for the event. We have specialized business cards being made up, and have quite an effective plan to market ourselves. I am pleasantly surprised with how well thought out our producer is planning things. Hopefully we can really get the word out about TS and get some attention, meeting and networking. While I have already graduated, the rest of the core team has this semester left, and some have just one more after that, so the majority of the team will be entering the workforce and I have no doubt in my mind that my teammates and I will make great additions to any game company.

Like I've already said, I have recently graduated from UAT. It was a bit of work, but it was also a ton of fun. When i first started, i had this idea of what game design was. My teachers did a good job of waking me up quickly to the realities of game design, how it isn't all fun and games. Even so, i discovered that game design was still for me, and over the past few years it went from being an interest to a passion.

I'm still in the beginning stages of my job hunt, and I don't expect to be hired as a junior designer any time soon, especially with the flood of talent from recent layoffs in the industry, but i still have high hopes. Even if i start as a tester, I'll still bring my A-Game and keep working towards my dream. In May I'll be relocating to Seattle, and I'll be physically, as well as metaphorically closer to my dream. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment